Even though Versciaco only became an independent parish in 1891, the church was first consecrated in 1212. The lower part of today's nave walls date back to this period. The initial construction consisted of a rectangular room with a small apse added to the east and a flat wooden ceiling. The last preserved remains of a proto-Gothic fresco date back to around 1300 and can still be admired: Saint Ursula and her companions. The church might originally have been devoted to this saint of noble lineage, also because all the Saints venerated until Late Medieval times were of princely blood or at least nobles. Every year, three processions from San Candido to this church took place on the Saint's feast day (22nd of July). During the course of the 18th century, the Gothic furniture was replaced by Baroque pieces. The Baroque altar sheets that were replaced by neo-Gothic altars (by Josef Stauder, San Candido) in the 19th century, were carefully preserved and hung on the walls of the choir stall with three pictures: S. Magdalene, S. Sebastian and S. Peter. Even though only the last of the three bears the signature of Seb. Unterberger, it is very likely that all three pieces were realised by his hands. Visiting hours: daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Through the Alta Pusteria/Hochpustertal Valley to Versciaco/Vierschach by bus, train or car.