Church "Hl. Stephanus"  

 
Informations
Place
Von Kurz Place 3 - 39039 Villabassa/Niederdorf
General description

PARISH CHURCH, ST. ANNE’S CHAPEL AND CHAPEL OF THE DECEASED: St. Stephen’s Parish Church was built between 1792-96 during the late Baroque period and it contains frescoes by Franz Altmutter, sculptures by Nissl and an altarpiece by Martin Knoller. A Gothic-style twofold chapel dating from the 15th century is located to the left of the steps of the church. The lower part of it is occupied by the Chapel of the Deceased, while St. Anne’s Chapel is found above. A fresco by Simon von Taisten may be seen in the Chapel of the Deceased. Chapel of the Deceased open to the public: Daily 7-18.00