The church of San Silvestro/Wahlen is devoted to St.Nicolas, patron saint against flooding and avalanches. The church was bulit in the 16th century. A church in Wahlen was first mentioned in a document around 1258. Certainly in the 15th century, but probably already in the 14th century, there was a little church dedicated to St. Nicholas in Wahlen. According to the inscription on the choir vault, the Gothic church of St. Nicholas in Wahlen with its rich net vault and beautiful portals was newly built in 1512 by the master builder Andre Firtaler from San Candido.
How to reach Dobbiaco/Toblach: https://www.drei-zinnen.info/en/dobbiaco/dobbiaco/contact-and-service/arrival-mobility.html
Parking places are available.
Also accessible by public transport. The timetables are available on www.sii.bz.it.