The Town Hall

Tip in Villabassa

The town hall is situated South of the Piazza Von Kurz square and was originally the residence of the Lords von Kurz zum Thurn. Around 1800 the Kurz family converted it to its present form. Note in particular the balcony with the three ionic columns and the triangular gables on the north façade. From the era of horse-drawn transport up to the building of the railway the house served as the custom-house. During the First World War it was used as a military barracks. Since 1928 the house has been the town hall of the municipality of Niederdorf/Villabassa.